Doors Open: 7:30 a.m.
Program Begins: 8:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m.
Elected officials, candidates, and members of the general public are invited to attend a policy briefing on some of the biggest issues facing legislators in Topeka.
What is a candidate policy briefing?
Kansas Policy Institute is hosting this informational session so that candidates for public office, and the general public, can leave with a better understanding of the issues faced by Kansas government officials.
Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas Chamber of Commerce, and Americans for Prosperity will brief candidates and interested members of the public on the following topics;
- Lessons from the Brownback “tax experiment” and the nuts and bolts of state spending
- The potential effects of Medicaid Expansion in Kansas
- The role of property taxes in state and local budgets
- Remaining Competitive: The Importance of State Sales and Income Tax Policy
- Solving the student achievement/school funding puzzle
Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of the issues at hand, see how the different pieces of state policy fit together, and be better prepared to ask the right questions and find solutions.
When & Where is it?
The candidate policy briefing and Q&A will be held at The Salina Courtyard Marriott Conference Center. Doors will open at 7:30 a.m. and runs from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
The event is free of charge and open to the public. RSVPs are not required, but highly encouraged due to space constraints. Click here to RSVP.