Kansans need to understand the issues before they can be expected to offer an informed opinion about a challenge facing the state. Unfortunately, many public opinion surveys simply ask for an opinion with little done to ensure that it is informed or fact-based.
Beginning in the fall of 2012, KPI partnered with SurveyUSA to conduct a series fact-based survey of Kansans on some of the most important issues facing our state.
SurveyUSA is a national polling firm that has been utilized by KWCH-TV in Wichita and KCTV-5 in Kansas City. The firm also was the only polling outfit to receive an “A” grade from political numbers guru Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight for their work through the teeth of the 2016 election season. The polls survey 500+ Kansans from across the state. Click here for a full explanation of the methodology or to learn more about SurveyUSA.
- October 2012 Poll Results & Press Release
- January 2013 Poll Results & Press Release
- December 2013 Poll Results
- April 2014 Poll Results
- November 2014 Poll Results & Press Release
- August 2015 Poll Results & Press Release
- December 2015 Poll Results & Press Release
- March 2016 Poll Results & Press Release
- February 2017 Poll Results & Press Release
- November 2017 Poll Results, Press Release, and Infographic Summary
Good decisions can only be made based on accurate information and this projects clearly shows that everyone from the media, elected officials, school districts, and KPI have to work harder to give Kansans the facts so they can accurately inform government on what they would like to see done with their tax dollars.