Whoever is elected governor and to the Kansas House of Representatives this fall will face some very serious issues come January.
Kansas Policy Institute does not support or oppose candidates for public office, but we do provide educational information to the public about key economic and education issues facing Kansans. Our 2018 Voter Issue Guide is intended to arm readers with facts and key questions to consider so each reader can be better informed on the issues.
The five issues included were selected for their relative economic and educational importance to the future of Kansas, but are not listed in any particular order:
- Closing a $3.7 billion revenue shortfall over the next four years.
- Improving low student achievement levels.
- Getting schools to spend money more efficiently and effectively.
- Stopping four decades of economic stagnation.
- Amending the constitution to prevent courts from setting school funding levels.
The most pertinent elements of each issue are discussed in the 2018 Voter Issue Guide, and additional background information can be found elsewhere on this site, including the following:
What was Really the Matter with the Kansas Tax Plan
Student-Focused Education articles
You can download the complete 2018 Voter Issue Guide below.
2018 Voter Issue Guide long form